Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Licensed attorney in private practice.
7286322

My husband had sex with another women we are married in in

Customer Question

my husband had sex with another women we are married in in another state he is us army what can happen to him
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Technically, under North Carolina criminal law, adultery is a misdemeanor. This means that if a complaint is filed with the civilian police, he may be charged with a criminal misdemeanor. In practice, few such charges actually ever occur. But there is that option - someone only has to file the complaint for an investigation to occur.

In the military, this is also punishable. Adultery in the military is a criminal offense under the Uniform Code of Military Justice. In worse case scenario, adultery is punishable under Article 134 with the accused receiving a dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for up to one year.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!