Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
20011183

I want Military Lawyer M., Esq. to answer my questions in a

I want Military Lawyer Allen M., Esq. to answer my questions in a private email (Not public forum). Request permission (additional service) to contact his private email.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

It is very difficult to agree to a fee arrangement without some general knowledge about what your question entails.

If you could post, very generally, what your question will relate to so that I can be sure I am able to address it, I can then submit your additional service email request and I'll have this public forum closed and locked for your privacy.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have consulted with you in not so long ago. I went to a personal appearanc with the ADRB for a discharge upgrade (OTH). My request was denied in 3-2 vote.I'm planning now to go to the ABCMR to appeal. The reasons the ADRB gave me to deny my request was like a copy -paste of general rules . I dont think they addressed specifically my case. I will like to know what approach I could use for my case with the ABCMR. I will give you the thread of my case in your private email.

I have submitted my proposed service.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I already started to appeal my discharge with an attorney. Would it be ok to contract another one, ? since it would add other angles to the argument on my appeal
That's a discussion you need to have with your attorney. We can chat, as that is not contracting with each other. If you want to enter into an attorney/client relationship with another attorney though, you need to have that discussion with you present attorney.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What I want to know is if this is a common or reasonable request to ask my attorney, so that both would be working on my case.
I wouldn't say that it is common. However it is not unheard of to have 2 separate attorneys working on the same case. The issue is always fee structure and who holds which responsibilities in regards ***** ***** case. Where we more commonly see this is in situations where a person is active duty and being charged. In those cases they are assigned a military attorney comma but we'll hire their own civilian attorney to assist. That being said, it is something that is done in the civilian world as long as your present attorney agrees.