P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I am stationed in an embassy overseas and I am disputing a

Customer Question

I am stationed in an embassy overseas and I am disputing a travel voucher in which I was authorized an "unrestreicted" ticket for FEML travel and then after the fact the Embasy retroactively decided I should be reimbursed at the "restricted" rate. The difference in price for my family's travel would be nearly $7,000.
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: overseas, China
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: I have gone to both State Dept and DSCA (Defense Security Cooperation Agency, parent unit) chain of command. It's a matter of local State Dept policy not trumping the JTR. Probably about 100 pages of emails and letters already been written between, State, DSCA, OSD, Embassy and PACOM. Already has cost me my career, promotion to BG and caused an early retirement.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: If interested, would like to put lawyer on a retainer to to spend a couple of hours reading through the packet I've prepared in order to do an IG and see what advice he may have and if he thinks I should proceed with legal action.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking for a quote to review the evidence you are describing?