P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I'm a pv2 19 yr old in the army I suffer from anxiety and

Customer Question

Hey
JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: I'm a pv2 19 yr old in the army I suffer from anxiety and depression I turned to drugs bc I'm all the way in Hawaii alone not an excuse but it's deeper than it sounds I may have failed my UA this morning what is the worst thing that could happen to me ?
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: No bc I'm not sure if I actually pissed hot yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is the only situation I'm in right now
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. Worst case? They could take you to court martial and seek to confine you and kick you out with a bad conduct discharge.

But most likely?

Most likely they send you to Art 15 and then chapter you out with an OTH

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
With a other than honorable will I ever get a job

Sure...certainly possible...particularly as time passes. It will make some jobs tough to get...again, particularly right after the discharge...so you may need to take a job or jobs you do not particularly want to build up your reputation. But over time the OTH will become less and less relevant

Hi
Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Do you have more questions regarding this?

Thanks for your understanding
Phil