P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

I was discharged from the military with an UOTH discharge

Customer Question

I was discharged from the military with an UOTH discharge for offenses that i didn't commit. I was later found innocent and given an upgrade for my character of service from the discharge review board. i was diagnosed with PTSD 100% from the VA weeks after going to my appointments. Is there a way to go back and change my discharge to honorable after the PTSD rating from the VA. I have a no reentry code kfs i would like to get changed. THere is a lot of info needed for this question i am assuming but i feel as though i was mistreated and discharged weeks before my ETS date resulting in crummy in employment and homelessness. i am seeking more answers thanks
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 18 days ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. You mention the board of corrections upgraded your discharge...but then you ask about upgrading...

Can you please explain what is going on?