Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.

Need to find out about fraudulent enlistment, stateside, i

Customer Question

need to find out about fraudulent enlistment
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: stateside
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: i am a dad my son is scheduled to go in
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: but, he has peanut allergies, the recruiter said no problem, but it is
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 27 days ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

If I understand correctly here, the recruiter suggested leaving something out of the application. Unfortunately, this is all too common, but unfortunately when it happens, the recruiter is rarely punished and the soldier is always punished.

If he were to come clean now, it would be better than if it is found out later, when he has begun to rely on a long term career. Also, the longer that he stays in, the more harshly the military tends to deal with the fraudulent enlistment issue.

Right now, he'd likely only be administratively separated and not be allowed to join. However, if it is later, it could be a court martial with a criminal conviction.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.