Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.

Im currently being processed for separation, but i was just

Customer Question

im currently being processed for separation, but i was just arrested for a dui. how are my chances of keeping it from the command until i can finish outprocessing?
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 26 days ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

That really depends on how active the county that you were arrest in is, in terms of reporting offenses to the military.

Each week, there is something called the "blotter" which contains all the offenses for that week committed by military members, both on and off base. If the county reports the matter, through a reporting system, and uses your SSN, then it will be discovered and report to command without your having to tell them.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.