Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I am returning from con leave, and I think I'm suppose to

Customer Question

I am returning from con leave, and I think I'm suppose to call someone to check in but I never received a number to do so, and I am u sure if I'm allowed to just taxi back to the fort. (I'm still an Intial entry trainee, I was granted con leave after completing basic training. So all the weird private rules apply??)
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: Stateside
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: Not yet. I was considering going to the USO at the airport and just asking someone
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so??
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Upon return from Convalescent leave, you are supposed to notify the duty officer at your place of assignment. So, you need to contact your base duty officer and inform them you have returned from Con leave and are reporting to the base and they will instruct you where to report to upon arrival back at the base. The USO can actually assist you as they have all of the local base duty officer numbers to call, since you do need to find out where to report when you get back to the base.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay thank you very much! This helped.
Thank you for your reply.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.