Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

A 15-6 was initiated for forgery and one of my commanders at

Customer Question

a 15-6 was initiated for forgery and one of my commanders at my bn is accusing me of it. I provided all documents that were asked of me that would require that commander's signature and his signature is missing therefore i did not forge his signature. That was turned into legal almost two weeks ago and i still havent heard long does it take?
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: Hawaii
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: Just my CSM he said that my bn didnt intiate the investigation that it was initiated by hes about as much as I know about it..
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats about it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
There is no time frame on these investigations. Legal has many cases they are dealing with and reviewing. In order for you to be found guilty of forgery, they have to prove you signed a document falsely for some gain. If there were no signatures on these documents, you could not have committed such an act. However, when these cases go for review to legal, they sit in a pile with all of their other cases and the review officers get to them in order unless a more urgent case comes up that needs to be decided on an expedited basis. We have had these decisions take 60-120 days or so and it all depends on how busy they are when they get the case.