Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
16823287

My question is about divorce. If my daughter left her

Customer Question

Good morning! My question is about divorce.
If my daughter left her abusive husband (who is a Marine stationed at Camp LeJune
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

The divorce process is generally the same for civilians and Marines as divorces must be filed in state courts because neither military or federal courts have legal authority, or jurisdiction, to decide divorce cases. There is one main difference. If a service member's spouse files for divorce while he is deployed, he may be able to have the case postponed until he returns. If your daughter is a resident of FL now, she can file for divorce there.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your response.
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

You are welcome. Hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday....