Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
20011183

I need a copy of my DD-214. Cannot find mine. ***********

Customer Question

I need a copy of my DD-214. Cannot find mine. My name is William *********** ************ Branch of service National Guard Date of service 1960 pr 1961 Branch at Columbia,South Carolina. Hm.Phone *********** Cell Phone ****************
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

We can't obtain that for you. You have to provide this information to the National Archives and fill out a SF Form 180. That is the entity that would be in possession of your data and would be able to provide you a replacement DD Form 214 for your service period.

Go here and follow the instructions to submit a records request.

https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.