Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.

I'm being told I can't take leave. stateside, well I work in

Customer Question

I'm being told I can't take leave.
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: stateside
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: well I work in a meddac and the hospital is moving and that was there reasoning for denyinh my leave
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I think that's it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

Unfortunately, command has been given a great deal of discretion when it comes to approving leave. You've not really indicated any family emergency situations that could be used to raise the matter to higher chain of command.

If your command has a reasonable basis for denying it, such as the need to have all personnel in place to assist with a move, then command has the legal authority to deny leave requests in connection with that need.

I wish I could tell you differently here, but you've indicated no legal violation in your question.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.