Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

Would like to get my discharge upgraded. Recived 258A 1967

Customer Question

Would like to get my discharge upgraded. Recived 258A 1967 did not think about it until recentley when gradkids asking about my miltary service. I feel I was wrongly discharged. Can I get it upgraded?
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: stateside
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: no mam
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think I have been a model citzen all these years I am know 70. I live our country
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If your discharge was more than 15 years ago, this is not going to be an easy task and you will have to file a DD Form 149 with the Discharge Review Board for your service branch and ask them to correct the record. In your DD Form 149 you can only discuss how the original classification was in error or an injustice and explain why you believe it should be changed.