P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I have a document that i believe is the DD-256A form but the

Customer Question

I have a document that i believe is the DD-256A form but the copy sent by my unit is not that great and I can't really tell if it is actually the DD-256 A. Is there a way to know other than reading the lower line of the page?
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: I'm actually living in Florida. I served as an army reserves in Ft. Buchanan, PR. from 1988 to 1996.
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: No. The letter they sent reads: " We regret some of the photocopies are of poor quality; however, they are the best we can obtain." Therefore, I didn't raise any flags about it.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Basically, I'd like to know what benefits I'm entitled to and what can I do about this document situation.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Have you requested a copy of your official records?