P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I did 21 years in the military sent i did not finsh my

Customer Question

my name is craig Dailey i did 21 years in the military sent i did not finsh my enlistment the GI Bill wants me to pay back all this money back to them ! what can i do ? i have no money
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this? Are you asking if they can recoup this money?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No i did 21 years in the army been using the Gi Bill for school ! Sent i didn't finsh my enlistment the Gi Bill is saying i have to pay all this money back ! Now i am on retired reserves and the army national guard will not let me back in ! Now one or two things is going to have to happen ! Let me back in to finsh my enlistment or Not pay the the money back to the Gi bill !
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Because I don't Have this kind of money to pay back ! My unit says it's on the cotract !
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have tp finsh My enlistment or pay back all that money !

Thank you sir. So what is your question today?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I owe all this money and I don't Have it for the GI Bill !

Thank you
I understand you owe the money since you did not rate the GI Bill. Is your question can the government force you to repay that money?