P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

My son has been awol for 3 months from the army how do I get

Customer Question

My son has been awol for 3 months from the army how do I get him back to his unit
JA: Has anything been officially filed?
Customer: His pay has stopped and he is listed as a deserted since this has been his 323rd time going awol
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I have not do I need to. He is not willing to go back. He is scared of something
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I unbeknowing just found out grandma bought him a plane ticket from fort polk Louisiana to home. Now he has to go back. I don't know how to do this and get him back to his unit
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for the information and your question, however, I am unclear on what you mean by "how do you get him back to his unit," can you explain what you are wanting to know? Are you asking how you talk him into going back or logistically how? Your son is 18 or over correct?