P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

When I pass on, does my wife receive my retirement income,

Customer Question

when I pass on, does my wife receive my retirement income
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Washington
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, a friend of ours says she is recieving $6,000 per mo, I have seen the checkes
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: thinking......he was discharged as a private, lost his E-5 rank, I think somehow, she is not allowed to get anything, same as my sister who was married to a Lt. Colonel who passed & didn't get anything
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. What income are you referring to? Military retirement (from 20 years service)?