P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

I would like some advice on an appeal for my GI Bill-Post

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** I would like some advice on an appeal for my GI Bill-Post 911. My mother gave me her GI Bill on 23 May 2011, but was told she did not have to reenlist for me to use the GI Bill. Recently we relieved a letter in the mail asking for the almost two years worth of college back. Now the VA states I owe then $32,00 dollars...please help.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not I need one?
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Well I would like to send you a scan copy of the document but I dont have the 6 page letter with me.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you looking for someone to help write the appeal letter? If not, what is it you want to know?