rayanswers
rayanswers, Military Law Answer Team
Experience:  Military Law Expert
8534270

If my husband is emailing/ texting abother female he misses

Customer Question

If my husband is emailing/ texting abother female he misses her and she's writing that he's what she wants while we are still married. Is that cheating?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Georgia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Not yet
Category: Military Law
Expert:  rayanswers replied 3 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

This is not legally considered adultery.But Georgia has no fault divorce and you can certainly file for divorce here if you choose.Georgia allows for no-fault divorces, which means that either spouse can file for divorce without having to show that the other did something wrong.

So here even if you cannot prove adultery you can still get a divorce and move forward with your life.I am so sorry you are having to deal with this.

This email would be some proof here, but you would need more to prove there was actual physical adultery if you want to plead that.You might have pictures or other evidence and this would be another piece of the puzzle.But you always can just seek no fault divorce here in Georgia.

You would need a local divorce lawyer to file for divorce here in Georgia.

Lawyer Referral Directory

Back to map

Georgia

Atlanta Bar Association LRS
Atlanta, GA

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Fulton, Cobb, Dekalb, Douglas, Rockdale, Paulding, Henry, Gwinnett, Clayton, Cherokee, Fayette, and Forsyth

Meets ABA Standards for Lawyer Referral

Attorneys' Confidential Referral Service, Inc.
Cleveland, GA

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Toll free:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Statewide

Meets ABA Standards for Lawyer Referral

Cobb County Bar Association LRS
Marietta, GA

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Cobb, Douglas, Bartow, Cherokee, Paulding

DeKalb Bar Association LRS
Decatur, GA

Phone:(###) ###-####or(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: DeKalb, Fulton, Gwinnett and Cobb

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can you tell me what spouses usually get help with. Money wise? I have 2 children aND had to leave my job in 2012 due to the army.

You may be entitled to $2k or so in child support.

Here is reference to that

http://www.divorcenet.com/resources/divorce/divorce-and-children/child-support-georgia.htm

Spousal support here is based on length of marriage.If 5 years or more maybe 2 1/2 years of spousal.Curt decides how much is warranted.A lawyer for you is critical if you want to get the support you are entitled to and legal custody of the children.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.I wish you the best here.

The child support guidelines in Georgia are based on the gross income of the non -custodial parent. The guidelines provide a range of percentages that represent the percentage of the non-custodial parent's gross income that must be paid to the custodial parent for the support of the child or children. The guidelines provided the following ranges:

One child = 17-23 %
Two children = 23-28%
Three children = 25-32%
Four children = 29-35%
Five or more children = 31-37%

Here court awards you child support using the above and then if spousal support is warranted and how much and how long .Thanks again.

If you can rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.