P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I worked in Germany and recently transferred back to the

Customer Question

I worked in Germany and recently transferred back to the USA. While in Germany I was offered a claim when I went to the VA office for GI Bill verification.
The VA rep was very aggressive about filing a claim for my neck. I have a P3 profile from 2011. The initial whiplash occurred in 1994 and resulted in deterioration and army visits for pain. Should I abort this claim by turning it over to a lawyer and using them?
The army X ray never showed any injury but I was never given a CAT scan when I requested it. In 2011 Landstuhl Army Medical Center offered to put braces in the neck.
I am worried that given the dark reputation of the VA they are trying to set me up. The VA rep became adamantly opposed when I asked her about the role of a lawyer in the claim. Please advise. Should I abort the case now or transfer it to a lawyer now?
Regards,
Wood
Category: Military Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I left the Army in 2004 and was awarded the profile in 2011 while in the reserves. The VA rep said there could nexus problems.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. What does "please advise" mean??

I am a VSO (veterans services officer)...so I have experience in this area...but have no idea what your legal question is.

Would it help to talk on the phone? I can make that available for a nominal fee ($5)