P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

I was married to someone in the military for30 yrs. He was

Customer Question

i was married to someone in the military for30 yrs. He was in the army 20 for yrs total. we have been divorced since 2011. we seperated in 2009. also in the divorce decree states the Mr.Sylvester *** is to pay Cynthia n(me) 1,250.00 per month and spousesupport and 752.00 per month mchildm support . To mmake a long story short. We have not received any of this amount. I had a lawyer but she was no help. Im A mother of disablem daughter 27. and a son with kidney problems and just diagnois with autism age 20. I dont have an id card for neither one of them. Its time for my son to renew his id. What do I do. He is no help. He refuse to spend time the kids r pay me alimony and child support. Please help us
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: i had a lawyer. But she has since retired. left me with promises.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: She could at least made sure I got what was rightly mine. My alimony
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?