P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

I am just researching for a friend who has just received a

Customer Question

I am just researching for a friend who has just received a relief for cause OER.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: National capitol region.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: One is engaged. Individual has just asked me to take a look at what has been drafted. Did same for response to 15-6.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No. It is not within my remit to engage counsel for this friend. Just consulting Dr. Google.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this? Would it help to talk on the phone?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am simply reviewing a draft rebuttal letter. I have not seen the actual OER. I would like to send this individual a tight synopsis of the dos and don'ts. Emotions are very high here and sometimes my tough love is counter-productive. Managed to get through a 15-6 response but had to finally just back off and leave it.

OK...would it help to talk on the phone? I sent the offer (its a nominal additional fee of $5)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No thanks.

Ok...then do you have a question?