Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Licensed attorney in private practice.

I am a civilian living in Paris, TX. I was struck by a

Customer Question

I am a civil***** *****ving in Paris, TX. I was struck by a military truck on 8/9/2016 and want to know how to file a claim to get my vehicle repaired.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) Whose fault was the accident?
2) Was the police called?

3) Do you have insurance? If so, comprehensive or limited?

4) Did anyone get a ticket?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Fault was the military vehicle. Tha police were called and did a report. I do have comp insurance. No one got a ticket.
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.
Thank you. If you have comprehensive coverage, then your insurance company should cover the damages. So you need to make a claim with your own insurance about the accident (if you have not done so, already). Once that happens, your insurance company should cover you and then it is up to the insurance company to seek what is known as SUBROGATION claim against the other party (the military branch, in this case).
If you have already made a claim but your insurance company is refusing to cover you for some reason, or you are hesitant to make a claim with your company (why?), then reply and let me know.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.