Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

I was told that being a purple heart veteran, I don't need

Customer Question

I was told that being a purple heart veteran, I don't need to pay property taxes in florida. Is that true?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

It is not the PH, but for honorably discharged veterans with a VA certified total and permanent service related disability. In such a case there is a total tax exemption for homestead property.

If the veteran does not have a total disability then a VA certified service-connected disability of 10% or greater shall be entitled to a $5,000 homestead property tax exemption.

Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (5 stars) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.