P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I am stationed in FL. I am being charged an Art. 15 for

Customer Question

I am stationed in FL. I am being charged an Art. 15 for Animal cruelty and My house on base not being cleaned enough. I was not present when my dog died from a heat stroke (he was 2 months old) and the military members that wrote a statement added things that weren't true such as finding dog feces 2 days after my dog died in the house. My wife is also being charged because she was present when it happen. She is 35 week pregnant and we have 2 kids already. Now they are threatening to take our kids away. Due to all this stress my wife has become severally depress with thoughts of suicide and is having complications due to her stress level. My Squadron continues to do "moral checks". which they go through every room in the house and using any little thing as evidences. We were doing laundry and they wrote a statement saying we had a trail of clothes everywhere when in reality we can piles in the laundry room color coated so we could was them. Because of the lies they wrote on statement my reputation is ruin and my family feels unsafe where we live. What are some legal steps that we can take to beat this case?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

"legal steps to beat the case" is a very broad question.

Would it help to talk on the phone about this? I will send the offer to speak on the phone (there is an additional cost). If you accept I can provide my #. I have experience in this area (I have counseled, literally, hundreds of Marines and Sailors regarding issues like this)

If you are not willing to talk on the phone I will opt out to allow others to work with you

Thanks!