P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

Mrs., I am currently being sent to XOI because I was caught

Customer Question

Hello Mrs. Wilson, I am currently being sent to XOI because I was caught driving my motorcycle on base without proper training, insurance or license. I don't have any of these done because after purchasing the motorcycle I quickly learned that the bike life wasn't for me. Now I have hefty bill that I can't just turn back in.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: California, I wasn't pulled over by a cop, I parked my bike on base, and was later notified that that an old superior of mine saw me on my bike.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, I had a DRB today, and I was told my XOI would be scheduled for Wednesday. Right now they took the keys and the bike has been in the same spot on base for the past week.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: That I've had the bike for about a year and a half without insurance and proper training because I couldn't afford any extra bills with my current struggle with my debt.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?