P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I am supposed to get a portion of my ex-husband's

Customer Question

I am supposed to get a portion of my ex-husband's retirement. He worked for Federal Government, retired last year, and I have not heard anything. I left messages, I sent a copy of the divorce decree, and it has been many months with nothing back. What can I do?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Was this ordered in your divorce as a part of the written order?

If so, was a QDRO prepared and sent to the employer?

When were you divorced?