P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

Im at 18 years and under meb review. Is there any laws that

Customer Question

Im at 18 years and under meb review. Is there any laws that will help me stay on active duty so that i can retire in a regular way?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Oklahoma
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I was assigned a meb/peb attorney but shes not very helpful. Ive only spoken to her once. Currently the af is offering me a severance based on a disibility rating of 10% for back pain.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: As i said before OKLAHOMA
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: The cc is saying she placed me in a high visibility wing program because i cant do pharmacy. But i volunteered because i wanted to try to progress me career and she also approved me to work at a civilian pharmacy which is what shes saying i cant do in the military
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking if you can avoid the MEB somehow and force them to allow you to reach 20?