How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 13877
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is in the Army reserves and stationed at Guantanamo

Customer Question

My son is in the Army reserves and stationed at Guantanamo Bay Cuba. He is 20 years old and is being accused of rape or sexual assault. After a night of drinking he said he was extremely intoxicated, and some of the night is lost, he does not recall if he had sex or not. He and another soldier brought a female back to her room who was extremely intoxicated also, was getting sick and then placed her in bed and left. he has been questioned by some investigators on base who were extremely aggressive. initially he was talking with them and stopped and stated he wanted a lawyer. I am Police Officer in the California Bay area and have no clue about military law. Please help, I am sick to my stomach.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

I am not permitted to tell what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights / legal options that might potentially apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.

Related Military Law Questions