Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I'm active duty military stationed in Germany. Going through

Customer Question

I'm active duty military stationed in Germany. Going through a divorce with a wife who lives in Oregon with my son. Trying to determine how the divorce will effect the BAH and/or OHA that I'm currently receiving by living out on the economy in Germany. I'm E-6
Category: Military Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Because I'm physically living and working overseas I can only get a joint legal custody of our son at the maximum so no physical custody option there. I agreed to pay soon to be ex-wife child support in the amount of $1500 assuming that I will keep receiving the BAH w/ dependents rate for my stateside dependents while still getting my OHA for the duration of the time I have left in Germany. I need legal advise on how this would play out.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

For your stateside spouse in a divorce they would get support of BAH II with dependents as a form of spousal support benefits, while you would still continue to be eligible for your OHA. Each service branch and each location has their own amounts, so you would need to go to your base family services office and get their assistance with that calculation, but your soon to be ex would get some BAH benefit based on location and your grade.