Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience

I have been skipping drill so I could get an admin

Customer Question

I have been skipping drill so I could get an admin discharge. I have missed several drills and now next month is my active duty training. I was told a couple weeks ago they were going to process my discharge but now they are saying I have to be at my active duty training. Do I skip that to or should I respond to my unit?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

If you are trying to obtain the administrative discharge then do not attend the training. Attending the training will delay obtaining the discharge and put you into a position to have pressure placed on you to stay in.

This link explains the process:

The Guard does not pursue punitive actions in these cases.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

This article also explains how this works and how you are not subject to UCMJ punitive actions as a Guardsman:

I hope this additional information is helpful to you.

Kind regards,

(Please do not forget to rate me – click the five stars. It adds nothing additional to your costs, but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good Karma for you. Thank you.)