P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

Mr.. In 1969, I graduated from the Massachusetts Maritime

Customer Question

Hello Mr. Simmons. In 1969, I graduated from the Massachusetts Maritime Academy. I accepted a commission as Ensign from the Navy as part of the Merchant Marine Officers Training Program. I was required to sail 6 months a year on a Merchant Vessel for 3 years and 3 years of Ready Reserve Time which I did. I also spent 15 days at the Naval Air Station in Pensacola for training. In 1989, I received my DD256N as a LCDR after 20 years reserve time. Am I entitled to any benefits, such as Base Privileges. Thank you. Ron M.
Category: Military Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I also have a Armed Forces ID - Indefinite
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

The key question here will be how many "good years" did you have. A "good year" is one where you earn at least 50 "points" (points are earned by participation in drills or other reserve activity).

Do you have 20 or more "good years"?

Also..would it help to talk on the phone...I can make that available for a nominal fee