How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 13970
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My gher ups are considering administratively reducing my

Customer Question

Hi my higher ups are considering administratively reducing my rank due to a buildup of extremely minor negative counselings such as not having a shave in the field, and most of them are spread over several months. Is there anyway I can dispute this to keep my rank. I'm Marine Corps
JA: OK. The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: The negative counselings are my fault. I'm a Corporal but they are very minor and months apart. Spread over a year in the fleet
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 8 months ago.


Thank you for the information and your question, however, I am unclear as to what process you are going through. Do you mean that your CO is convening a CRB to try to demote you, or are they going to take you to NJP for misconduct? Is CPL your permanent rank?

Related Military Law Questions