P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

Son is master sgt. in Chad to train Chadean sodiers. He and

Customer Question

Son is master sgt. in Chad to train Chadean sodiers. He and staff sgt were invited to embassy for July 4 party; as with all military socials, alcohol was imbibed. Son has VERY decorated 11 or 12 year career. Anyhow, later after the party he and staff sgt. left hotel and walked 300 meters to a food stand. Chadean police- very courteous- told them they shouldn't be out and gave them a ride back to hotel. No alcohol or discourteous actions on anybody's part. Anyhow, son and staff sgt. are being sent back to USA home base. They were part of son's company and only about 20 are there for six week with three wks. left. What can happen to Master Sgt. and Staff Sgt? All they've been told is that they violated curfew and they said there was never a briefing on curfew. Help!
JA: OK. The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. They aren't back yet; will arrive tomorrow. When son called his command sgt., he said he didn't know why it was such a big deal.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: That's all I know; I'mjust the concerned mom.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this? Are you asking what the max punishment is for violation of a lawful order?