P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

Child neglect, Texas, No, I just want to know where a person

Customer Question

Child neglect
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I just want to know where a person stands on a case where they left there child alone while they went to sleep to go to the store. But the child awoke and the mother called to find out the child was alone. What punishment can the military pose on the soldier?
JA: OK. The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this.
Customer: Do you have any idea what conviction that person can get even when the soldier wasn't cited?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question.

What do you mean by

they left there child alone while they went to sleep to go to the store.

You went to the store and left the child alone? How old is the child?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm asking for a good soldier who thought it was okay to leave his 4 year old son who was sleep while he went to the store. The child was left alone. He said he got nothing from the officers but a case number *****
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I wanted to know how's the situation looking for him with family advocacy committee.

Thank you
What you are describing would, likely be a violation of state law...it is a crime to "neglect" a child...and leaving a 4 year old child on their own? That would likely be considered neglect.

And, under military law (UCMJ) a soldier can be prosecuted for violating an state law

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.