P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

Does the accused have the right to request the findings of a

Customer Question

Does the accused have the right to request the findings of a Commanders Inquiry?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What do you mean request the findings, since the commander must make findings against them member as part of the NJP process and those findings would be in the record available to the member.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

The accused DOES have the right to inspect any investigation that relates to the accusation.

If they refuse to grant access? That would be a basis to appeal any findings.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.