P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I should have been Commissioned in the Military after being

Customer Question

I should have been Commissioned in the Military after being called to Active duty(9-11) while a SROTC Green-to-Gold Cadet. Furthermore, and official Order was given by My MG (2-star) for me to be commissioned based upon AR145. How do I correct this (investigate all ROTC and Military Documents) and How can i seek remedy (receive my commsision and be returned to Military? I do know of individuals that obtained this. I want to finish...finish right...finish strong
JA: OK. The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no..but i am open to retaining counsel. It took me 12years to locate my records to prove the injustice..I just got a copy of them from Fort Bragg Yesterday!
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I want to eventually receive what I worked hard for, and would like to have retroactive remedy (not monetary), but reinstated and retire.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. How long ago did you serve?