Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.

I have jda1 and i was on parris island and was sent home,

Customer Question

I have jda1 and i was on parris island and was sent home, can i fight it or have it overturned or taken away or is there any way to work towards it being removed? I want to be a Marine
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

The only real chance of fighting that is to have the record reviewed and changed through the DD Form 149 process. You can't rejoin with that, but you can have it overturned provided that you can prove that the status was an error or an injustice.

That is a fairly high burden and most people can't meet it unfortunately, but that is the only method available to you.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.