P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I'm currently being held back from deployment due to issues

Customer Question

I'm currently being held back from deployment due to issues with my back, and my chain of command wants me to go to a doctor that the company commander states he knows personally first thing tomorrow morning. What are my rights, and is there anything that I can do? As I do not feel comfortable with this at all.
Category: Military Law
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Is your command processing you for a MEB?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm not currently being processed under an MEB. I was undergoing Physical Therapy and my Physical Therapist referred me for an MEB to my primary care manager, as she cannot directly say that I need to be MEB. I was on profile whilst undergoing physical therapy and it expired two days prior to me being evaluated for deployment, however I did not pass as they deemed I needed to make an appointment with my primary care manager and undergo further evaluation and possibly have an update made to my profile. My chain of command is claiming that I'm malingering, however, I struggled in physical therapy, and often (embarrassingly) I struggle to open some doors and my legs go numb when I'm on my feet for too long. This is all just really concerning to me, as I feel as though I'm in no condition to be marked as deployable, as per this issue and personal issues (however, those of course do not mean anything at all). But to sum everything up, I was pulled in to speak with my commander on the matter and he stated that he knows this doctor personally, and I'm supposed to meet with him tomorrow to be evaluated, and if he deems so, then I will be deployed. It's just concerning to me as I do not know the information that is going to be given to my company commander as per my condition, and if so, what is the extent? If he knows him on a personal level, couldn't he simply request a favor and say that I am deployable?

Thanks
You asked for a phone call...I sent the offer. If you accept I can provide my #.