P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

I served in the service four years during the early 70s

Customer Question

I served in the service four years during the early 70s (received Honorable Discgarge DD214)and went into the active reserves afterward, but developed a pancreas infection that eventually developed into full blown diabetes, I went to the VA 1st then a civilian doctor later that was much easier to go to! I wanted to return & finish, but that eventually became out of the question! BUT I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO DO SOMETHING MORE THAN MY FOUR YEARS, NOW A MEMBER OF THE AMERICAN LEGION, ETC! Any comments? To be honest I'm nor sure how the medical paperwork was handled, and thought I could get back after the medical prob was over, which it never was!
Category: Military Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
THAT'S HONORABLE DISCHARGE!!! I type too fast & depend too much on spell check!
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for the information, however, I am unclear on what your question is. Are you asking if you could reenlist? If so, did I understand you correctly that you were on active-duty in the 70's?

Hello again,

I see where you read my request for more information, but not where you responded. If you still need assistance, I will need that information before I can assist you and will respond as soon as I am available after you provide it. If you no longer need assistance, then you can contact the Site's customer service and request that they refund you any deposit that you might have made to them.