P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I was given an article 15 and during the part two reading a

Customer Question

I was given an article 15 and during the part two reading a cadet who does not know me and has only been in our unit a short time recommended maximum punishment and I believe he may have been coarsened into dong so a ex-MP told me this could get my case dismissed can I actually do that?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Dismissed because someone recommend max punishment?

No.

That would not be a basis to dismiss an Art 15.

If you could show the proceedings were unfair, for example, you were never given the chance to speak or present evidence? That would be a basis to dismiss the Art 15. But not because someone makes a recommendation...that happens all the time.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.