Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

When we got our divorce , he filed in Mo. We married in

Customer Question

When we got our divorce , he filed in Mo. We married in Temple , Texas . There were many discrepancies and I never received any paperwork. I was just thinking that I never got my divorce papers . So he just started having a relationship with his son and told my son that he did retire . he his out so he wouldn't have to give me my part of the retirement . The divorce was in 1990 . I was told that since I wasn't aware of what he did , that I could take it back to a Military Court and let them hear the case and decide then . I pray for this to happen , he's living in N.J talking about building a Condo . I'm living on Social Security and barely making it .
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

If you never received the paper work, then you can go back to Court and contest the property division. However, the Court would want to know why you waited 26 years before bringing your concerns to the Court.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.