P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

My husband is in the brig at Camp Pendleton he had his

Customer Question

My husband is in the brig at Camp Pendleton he had his Pre-Trial yesterday how do I find out what he is being charged with and basic information about his case?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 months ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpAlso, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen. Can you tell me, have you contacted his command? If so did they provide a response?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have not contacted his command I am really not sure how to do that. I am 19 years old and just had a baby a week ago. I really don't know where to start other than what I did which was call the FRO. I left a message for them but they haven't responded.
ThanksCan you tell me, 1. What command is he part of (is it a command at Pendleton)?2. Do you know anyone in his command (like the name of his commander or supervisor)?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it is at Camp Pendleton he is in 11. I don't know if that is what you are looking for?
Ahh...1 1 meaning fist battalion, first marines? Is that correct?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
at he is at the Brig in area 24
ThanksFirst, the bad news. THere is no law or regulation that requires the Marine Corps to discuss this with you. Period. So you may be able to track down the FRO or even his commander and they can refuse to communicate with you. Good to understand that up front.That said, my experience is that commanders are, generally, happy to provide this type of information (it is not protected by the privacy act...so they can provide it) to spouses. SO I would contact the commander.But before that I would go back to the FRO. Its during the week...I would expect the FRO to return the call before too many days pass. If you do not have it, here is the FRO contact infoMrs. Sonette D. Avalos 1st Battalion, 1st MarinesCell:(###) ###-####ffice:(###) ###-####gain, if that does not work, I would contact the commander. You can do that here Phone Number between 6:00am - 4:30pm***-***-****Phone Number between 4:30pm - 6:00am***-***-****If the commander refuses to talk to you? You would need to travel to camp pendleton to speak with him in person (the brig has visiting hours). But again, I would expect the commander to communicate with you. Frankly, if they refuse? I would call your congressman and complain. Again, the law does not require they speak to you...but common curtesy dictates they doPlease let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.
HiExperts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer. Please rate the answer so I may receive creditThanks for your understandingPhil