P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

I was issued a GOMOR although the investigation concluded

Customer Question

I was issued a GOMOR although the investigation concluded that I was innocent. Can I fight or appeal the filing of the GOMOR
JA: The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. I was going to file or initiate an IG complaint
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Military Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I was accused of adultery/fraternization. A 15-6 was initiated. The findings came back from the IO that there is no proof or evidence that I was guilty. However, I as still given a GOMOR and it was placed in my OMPF
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Military Lawyer should know?
Customer: Other than the fact that I am innocent and feel as though I was unjustly accused? No. I just need to find out how to fight that autrosity.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 months ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpAlso, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
Can you tell me, what is your rank please?