P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

I need help please. My fiance Major Smith Yates is injured

Customer Question

Dear Sir
I need help please. My fiance Major Smith Yates is injured in Nigeria in a private hospital. He is a Marine. He was on his way home when he was mugged and robbed. A doctor by the name of Mark Derek is emailing me. He found my picture and phone number in Smiths pocket. I know you are probably not the actual person who can help me, but I'm hoping you can direct me to someone who can. I can forward the pictures and emails to someone. I just need help please.
Teresa Linn
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 5 months ago.
Hello Teresa, Can you please tell me if you met this "Major Smith" online? Also, is this "doctor" asking you to send money for the Major's medical care or to get him home?