P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

I am involved in court case -tenant.

Customer Question

hi i am involved in court case for eviction for landlord-tenant. i m landlord. i had a case about a month ago, the tenant (now i know that) was not in military (she was 2 years ago). but she said she was and she pulled old badge and showed it to judge. judge then based on her testimony gave a judgement for delaying the case another 3 months. is there any penalty in this case against the tenant since she lied under oath impersonating active duty. she is in reserve now based on my research.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 months ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpAlso, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen. There is no federal penalty here..However, if she lied to the judge, she could be charged under state law perjury. You can request the local police investigate this...they have the power to bring criminal charges.Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.