P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

I am looking to complete my Statement of Reason

Customer Question

Hello I am looking for help to complete my Statement of Reason for my security clearance that is still under investigation.
JA: The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Military Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I was awarded an interim clearance that i had for a year. After a year the clearance was pulled. The I received a package for DOHA stating that i had some items that concerned them on my credit report. The items that are in the package are paid in full, but had not/have not been updated at the time the govt pulled my credit report. I have documentation stating that the unfavorable things in my package have been paid. I need help writing my response as to why I need to obtain my clearance for my govt job and what i am currently doing now to keep forgetting back into that situation
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Military Lawyer should know?
Customer: will a lawyer contact me?
JA: OK. The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 months ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpAlso, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen. I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you want to some to help "scrub" your statement? To help you get the right words on paper? If so I will send an offer along...if you accept I can work with you via phone and email to get the final product you are looking for