Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney and former Navy JAG serving ashore, afloat and at the OJAG

I was seeing someone in the army who had to go to court for

Customer Question

i was seeing someone in the army who had to go to court for sexual harassment. they ended up taking away a stripe. then his new commander wanted to look into the case again. He went silent and I haven't heard from him. Could they have a no contact order that I don't know about?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 5 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for the information and your question. Unless you are connected to the case against this soldier, or are under 18, there would be no reason for a no contact order that involved you. There could, as you might imagine, be many reasons why this person you have been speaking to is not contacting you, but unlikely that it is because he has been ordered not to (assuming what I mentioned above is not at play.)
Hello again,I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 18th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit(paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating,please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox. In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at: you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Just curious if the ex complained and used the child as an excuse as our relationship was affecting their relationship is what she said
Well, if he was married, then he might have been ordered not to contact you if there was an allegation of adultery. But, if they are no longer married, that wouldn't warrant a stay away order.
Do you have any further follow up questions? If not, if you could take a moment to leave your rating in the ratings box, the Site will pay me for my work.