Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Licensed attorney in private practice.
7286322

My son is in Army. His biological father with whom he has

Customer Question

,My son is in Army. His biological father with whom he has no contact, has called the CO at every station of his deployment trying to make my son talk to him. what can be done to stop this? My son has mailed a letter asking to cease and desist. It has not worked.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Your son is an adult since he joined the military and/or is 18+. As such, this is something he has to take care of and you cannot really help him with with. This is not a military matter simply because he happens to be in the military. Your ex is free to call to try to talk to him, but he simply cannot do so incessantly. If he does so incessantly, your son can threaten to get a restraining order in civilian court - see HERE. However, he would have to show that he is actually harassing him. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.