Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

Me and I soldier received a no contact order from my previous

Customer Question

Me and I soldier received a no contact order from my previous command last year. Now I am in a new company but the same brigade as the commander that originally gave me the no contact order. Does that order still stand? Also the person that I have the no contact or with is now in military confinement
JA: OK. The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes and no, not about the no contact order part. My name came up in an investigation that my old unit tried to take to court martial however the court martial was dismissed so I never went to trial. Now I am faced with a letter of reprimand and possible administrative separation that I am seeking legal counsel for
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: She's helping me with my rebuttal once I receive my letter of reprimand and separation counseling to prepare me for my board
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Military Lawyer should know?
Customer: Not yet. I guess I need the other questions answered first
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The order issued by a commander is effective until it is rescinded by that commander or some new commander. You cannot violate any order and once the order is given it remains an order. So you still have to honor that no contact order until that commander or some other commander or higher ranking officer rescinds it.